Most of us never give much thought to our gutters until we need them, and then it’s often too late. To avoid damage and repairs, we recommend taking a good look at them each fall. With the leaves falling and the unpredictable downpours Maryland is prone to, this is the perfect time of year to make sure your gutters are functioning properly.
Here are some things to think about:
- Are your gutters filled with leaves, debris or animals (i.e. birds, squirrels or chipmunks)
- Do your gutters have the right pitch to allow water to effectively flow out, or does it pool and overflow?
- Have your gutters been damaged by tree limbs, ladders, or anything that has created a bottleneck now keeping water from flowing properly?
- Are the gutters and downspouts large enough to handle a heavy downpour?
- Are the hangers that attach the gutters to your home’s exterior rusty or unstable?
If your answer to any of these questions is “yes,” then it is time to take action and we are happy to help. Beyond helping you with the up-keep of your existing system, we can also install seamless gutters, downspouts, and gutter covers that offer years of maintenance free service.